The marking system in Germany is totally different than the one in Malaysia.In Malaysia,we use the 4-point GPA and CPGA grading scheme to calculate our marks at the tertiary education level. However, in Germany, a 6-point grading scale (GPA) is used instead.Not only that,the numbers also represent different meanings...
Malaysia's Grading System
The grading scheme follows the 4.00 grade point systems.
Germany's Grading System
In German universities (besides the law schools) the 1 to 5 scale is used:
- 1,0-1,3 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding achievement)
- 1,7-2,3 gut (good: an achievement, which lies substantially above average requirements)
- 2,7-3,3 befriedigend (satisfactory: an achievement, which corresponds to average requirements)
- 3,7-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an achievement, which still meets the requirements)
- 4,3-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden (not sufficient / failed: an achievement, which does not meet the requirements)