I don't know about you guys.. but since I was a kid, I've heard these warnings on drinking coffee...
"You're too young to start drinking coffee, it will stunt your growth."
"Don't drink coffee, it's not good for the brain."
"Coffee is only for adults, not small kids"
Owh you've got to be kidding me...Coffee doesn't stunt anyone's growth.Parents are just worried that drinking a lot of coffee can create anxious teens with too much energy.Susah nak jaga kan...hee..
The fact that coffee is not good for the brain is not entirely true...I'll explain more later on...stay tune..
Coffee is only for adults and not for kids is also another myth that we can bust...There is an interesting recent finding from Brazil, according to Dr. DePaulis in Coffee: The New Health Food? that suggests that children who drink coffee with milk “are less likely to have depression than other children." It might not be good for children to drink coffee in a great quantity due to the amount of caffeine inside it.You have to keep in mind that kids may be getting caffein from other sources, such as soft drinks.So sila control ye...
The most important thing is to keep
EVERYTHING IN MODERATION
Did you know?
- Ethiopian ancestors of today's Oromo people were the first to discover and recognize the energizing effect of the coffee bean plant
- Coffee is the world’s most popular stimulant: 4 out of 5 Americans drink it, consuming more than 400 million cups a day.
- Caffeine was discovered by a German chemist, Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge, in 1820 when he was advised by a German composer/poet, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe to research on the coffee bean that he suspected was an antidote to atropine.
- Coffee is the seed of a cherry from the tree genus Coffea, a tree yielding about 1kg (2lb) of coffee per year.
- 1,200 different chemical components are in coffee. More than half of these components make up the distinguished flavor of coffee.
- Coffee is a zero-calorie beverage (when taken black, without sugar or cream)
- There are actually two types of coffee consumed today: coffee made from Arabica coffee beans and coffee made from robusta coffee beans.
- The beverage was known as qahwa - a term formerly applied to wine - and ultimately, to Europeans, as "The Wine of Islam.It was popular with the Sufis who drink the brew to help them stay awake during the night to Zikir.
The Health Effects of Coffee
- Concentration - Coffee can strengthen the level of concentration.The content of caffeine can increase the alertness, improves short-term memory and the best part is that it activates parts of the prefrontal lobe, known as the anterior cingulate and the anterior cingulate gyrus which are involved in 'executive memory', attention, concentration, planning and monitoring.
- Mood - Drinking coffee can boost the mood of a person.It all depends on the hormones that are affected by the caffeine.
- Adrenosine - Caffeine inhibits the absorption of adenosine, which calms the body.
- Adrenaline - Caffeine injects adrenaline into your system, giving a temporary boost.Excited tertibe la jawabnye...
- Dopamine and Serotonin - Dopamine and Serotonin levels are increased in the body, making you feel good after taking it.
- Muscles - Coffee can increase the strength and power of our muscles. It can also reduce the pain of muscle soreness.
- Heart - Coffee can make the heart stronger and protects it against heart diseases.Coffee stimulates the action of the heart muscle.So, it can reduce the risk of abnormal heart rhythm (Arrhythmia).
- Digestion - Creates a laxative effect, stimulating the wave-like movements of the gastrointestinal tract to empty its contents. It can be helpful to constipation sufferers. It helps in digestion by] increasing the acid level in one’s stomach thus promoting protein digestion.
- Stamina - Caffeine can lengthen the stamina power from around 30 to 120 minutes.This is especially for the endurance sport like running, cycling, swimming and paddling.
- Disease prevention - Medical studies have associated regular coffee intake with a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.Caffeine is a safe and readily available drug and its ability to stabilise the blood brain barrier means it could have an important part to play in therapies against neurological disorders. Caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee a day can help protect the brain against cholesterol.The latest study shows that java(Coffee) junkies are significantly less likely to develop head and neck cancer - and the more coffee consumed, the lower the risk.
- Hair - Caffeine can induce hair growth, make it black,shine and beautiful.
- Cellulite - Goodbye cellulite!!! Coffee massage can really help in reducing the amount of cellulite.Rubbing cellulite cream containing coffee may help to break up the cellulite cells and make them dry up and leave your body.
- Facial - caffeine has been indicted to the skincare hall of fame. Facial cream containing coffee helps to make your skin glows and smooth just like a baby's touch...Owh it reduces wrinkles too...
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with. ~Terri Guillemets