I think I started to love eating banana cake after buying a packet of banana cake from him...I remember how the packaging looked like but I can't remember its name..Maybe it's no longer available at the supermarket..oh rindoee..
I thought of satisfying my craving on banana cake, so i searched for the recipe on my favourite website, allrecipes.com. Guess what? I found a great recipe that creates an unorthodox banana cake..Why I said it's unorthodox? Read on!!!
Banana...na..na..na..come on...na na na come on, come on, come on.. :p
Banana Cake with buttercream frosting..
The ingredients needed for the banana cake:
3/4 cup of butter
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk..If you can't find buttermilk, you can use 1 1/2 cups milk with 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice added to it.
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
The ingredients needed for the buttercream frosting :
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1 package (250g) cream cheese at room temp
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Lets get bananalicious!
Steps needed to make the banana cake...
- Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice in a small bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then stir in the vanilla essence.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the banana mixture
- Prepare a 10 inches springform.Grease and flour the springform.
- Pour the banana cake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven (135 degrees C) for about 1 hour, or you can check using a toothpick to see if the center of the cake is fully baked.
- Directly place the cake into freezer for about 45 mins after taking it out from the oven.Weird huh? But you should definitely do this to get a moist texture of the cake..Don't worry the cake won't freeze.. :p
- Cream butter and cheese until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla essence
- Add in icing sugar and beat until everything is smooth and well mixed.
- Spread the frosting on the cake....and Wallllaahhh...
An unorthodox Banana Cake!!!
Om nom nom nom...
Tschüss und mach's gut!!!