Chocolate Chips Bujang Lapok Bila Larut Malam
Sape gigih buat kuih raya tengah-tengah malam..SAYA!!! SAYA!!!
Owh how i miss the time when my mom, my sis and I would get ourselves busy in the kitchen late at nite to bake kuih raya...Usually we would bake the cookies at the last minute, few days before Balik Kampung..this year..tsk2...rindu...
Sorry yáll.I have not been writing for quite some time due to many reasons.The main reason would be my shifting to a new place,Krefeld. Busy handling stuff from the old house to the new house.Looking around for furnitures and stuff...sigh..I'll post on the new house when there are furnitures inside it..Hee..now it's kinda empty..maloe..
Yesterday, I officially used the oven for the first time to bake Chocolate Chips cookies..nak gak buat late at night..Hee..bajet nak kembalikan nostalgia zaman dulu buat kuih raya kat rumah..Sekali gelabah takut jiran marah bunyi mixer kuat kan..howoe...
Some of the challenges we had to face in baking "Chocolate Chips Bujang Lapok Bila Larut Malam"
- Not enough ingredients..Chocolate chips were hard to find...We found small boxes of chocolate buttons which don't really give the taste of the original chocolate chips..huhu..
- The original recipe is from Chef Wan but I modified here and there to suit my taste and due to the lack of ingredients.So I substituted the chocolate chips with chocolate buttons and chocolate bars...yeah..
- Our kitchen are not lighted yet...so we baked yesterday in the dim light of a table lamp...
- It was freezing cold last night...So i had to wear jacket while cooking..bukan perasan hawt ye..harap maklum.
- We were afraid that we'll disturb the neighbours...but luckily no one complains..hee
- Lack of kitchen utensil...pandai2 jerla kan..
Whatever the problem was, we managed to bake the chocolate cookies successfully...or 85% successfully..huhu..It could have been better though..but oh well..first time kot bake in Germany...Practice makes perfect right?
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup castor sugar
2 Tablespoons fresh milk
1 cup (250g) unsalted butter
New baking utensils...Chomeyl kan...semangat terus nak bake..
Cream the butter at high speed with an electric mixer.Add vanilla essence & both types of sugar, beat till fluffy.
Add egg to the batter. Beat in cocoa powder at low speed followed by milk.
In another bowl, stir together flour &baking soda with a wooden spoon.
Mix in walnuts, chocolate chips and chopped chocolate bars.Stir to combine them together.
Add the two bowls together and stir mildly until everything is well mixed.
Drop the batter by the rounded teaspoonful onto a foil-lined baking tray.Bake at 175 degrees Celcius for about 12 -13 mins.
Enjoy baking...Last minute paling best kan..hee...