Satu rumah kot kempunan nak makan secret recipe's oreo cheesecake.So I gigihkan diri to find an easy oreo cheesecake recipe that can satisfy our cravings...If u've read my previous post, you'll know the kind of websites I normally google to find my recipes..and normally I'll adjust the recipe to suit my taste...This time I found the recipe here.I took my time to read all the reviews on the recipe.Thez are actually quite helpful...
It's my first time baking a cake..before this I've always doubt myself if I could ever bake a cake that wouldn't sink or explode...Baking a cake is not that simple...yeah..ada pantang-larang plak...But2..this recipe was kinda easy...it just needed a bit of adjustment here and there and Wallla!! Oreo Cheesecake ready to be indulged...
"Sedappppp" kata kawan - kawan..teruja je dalam hati kan dengar..haha..Tapi xle kalahkan secret recipe's oreo cheesecake la kan..tu memang ar terbaek..xpe nanti akan gigih cari recipe lain plak..hee..
I updated about this baking attempt on my facebook status yesterday..hee..ada kawan2 mintak recipe la plak kan..Actually you can get the recipe from the website I've linked above.but2, if you want to have a recipe with colourful pictures and easy explanation..continue to read below..hehe...I've read the reviews and made my adjustment here and there.I've also added chocolate topping to give it an extra flavour....owh one thing to tell you guys..the original recipe is for a 9-inch springform pan..but I only had a 10.5-inch springform pan..so I required more oreo cookies for the base..and that's why the cake doesn't look that thick..
The Ingredients needed for the cake and it's base:
32 Oreo cookies, just the cookie without it's cream..You can use more than 32 if you like...
I didn't have enough..that's why...
3 tablespoon melted butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3 x (250g) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese..I used the tub type..couldn't find the brick one..
Two tablespoons of Sour Cream
One teaspoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
Ingredients for the chocolate topping a.k.a Chocolate Ganache...
Chopped 200 gram of dairymilk chocolate or dark bittersweet chocolate..
It's your choice..which one you prefer
3/4 cup of heavy cream
Step by step to make the oreo cheesecake..
Starting with the base
- Remove the cream filling between the cookies...Cream tu simpan untuk sapu atas roti pon sedap..hee
- Finely crush the cookies..Guna lesung batu paling practical kot..malangnya I xde..ketuk2 dalam plastik je la..
- Mix 1 1/2 of the finely crushed cookies and butter in a bowl.Then, press firmly onto the bottom of 9-inch springform pan.Bagi rata supaya nampak cantik skit bila potong nanti..I punya x cantik sangat..xpe..saya budak baru belajar..howoe
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, just so that it is well blended..Don't overmixed.
- Take half of the remaining crushed cookies and add into the batter.Gently stir it together.
4. Pour the batter over the prepared crust...If you like, you can sprinkle the remaining
crushed cookies on the cake. But I didn't have enough..So i did the chocolate topping instead.
It's time to bake the cake..Before u start on the cake u should preheat the oven to 175 degree celcius. Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the centre is almost set. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 or 4 hours.
Making the Chocolate Ganache
- Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat.When it started to boil, pour in the chopped chocolate bar and whisk until smooth.
Before cooling the cake in the refrigerator, pour the chocolate ganache on the cake and let it cool together.It'll become a nice topping after 3 hours of cooling.
Enjoy the cake...
Tschüss und mach's gut!!!