Tiramisu is Italian for "pick me up". Tira - pick .. mi - me .. su - up
It is well known as an Italian dessert consisting of layers of sponge ladyfinger cake soaked with coffee, layered with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream and finally topped with grated chocolate or cocoa powder. Normally people would use rum or wine to add taste to the dessert.But for us, we can use pineapple juice flavouring with almond extract as a substitute.
I found a recipe on allrecipe.com on how to make a delicious Tiramisu. I made it last weekend and it turned out great even though it didn't look as beautiful as the tiramisu you find at a bakery shop but yeah..yang penting sedap kan..I feel like sharing the recipe here...enjoy..
The original recipe has rum in it but i just left it out and didn't substitute with anything..just added a bit more vanilla essence and yang penting buat dengan penuh kasih sayang..haha..
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
( you can use more if you like to make more layers for the tiramisu)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 pound (approx 500 gram) mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature.
It depends on ur taste, if you like strong coffee, you can use espresso but if you're like me who prefers mixture of coffee and chocolate, you can use mocha or cappucino with chocolate.
1 package ladyfinger cake ( 200gram).
It depends on how many layers and how big is the tiramisu u wanna make.
1 tablespoon cocoa powder to decorate...or grated chocolate...
Step by step instruction
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with sugar until well blended.Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until the mixture boils.Stir constantly.Let the mixture boil for 1 minute before allowing it to cool slightly.Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Beat heavy cream with vanilla essence in a deep bowl.It's better if you have the egg beater.If you don't, you can use a hand mixer just like what I did.Merecik la skit tapi nak buat camne kan..
3. Whisk mascarpone into the egg yolk mixture until smooth.
4. Dip the ladyfinger cakes into the coffee or you can also drizzle the ladyfingers with the
coffee mixture..Tengok preference la..kalau suka ladyfingers tu lembut boleh dip kalau
x drizzle je on top...rasa crunchy pown sedap...
5. Arrange the ladyfingers on a caserole dish or dulang or a springform.Depending on the
size and shape you want your Tiramisu to be.
6. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers, followed by half of
whipped cream over that.
7. Repeat layers and lastly sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Cover and refrigerate for
atleast 6 hours.Paling baik 24 hours sebab lagi lama lagi sedap...2 hari lagi
bertambah sedap...3 hari xyah cakap la kan...owh I did the Tiramisu in a large
springform..so I just did one layered Tiramisu..hee...tu la pasal x cantik sangat..
Nabeyl presenting the Tiramisu...sila indulge yourself with this heavenly dessert...
Guten Appetit...Bon Appetit..¡Buen provecho!..Buon appetito!.. Selamat menjamu selera..
Tschüss und mach's gut!!!