"Me want cookie!"
"Me eat cookie!"
"Om nom nom nom"
I just love cookies..I can eat them all day long and never get enough of them...
My favourite type of cookies would be the ones with chocolate chips . Oh sedapnye nikmat terasa...
Other types of cookies that i find really delectable would be those with nuts( walnut, pecan, almond) or spices (cinnamon, ginger, clove, pepper). I don't think many people like cookies that contain spices but for me personally, I think the aroma and the aftertaste that the cookies with spices give are simply irresistible.
I found a new cookie recipe on allrecipes.com that I would like to share with all of you.I just love the recipes from this website.Some of the recipes are really good and there are also not so good ones.The most important thing is to read the reviews written by others who've tried the recipes there.They can be really helpful in making your cooking trial a big success...
Enough with the bla bla bla..Let's get cookielicious...
Soft Ginger Cookies...
The original recipe would give you big-sized cookies that are soft and simply deliciousssss just like the ones you can buy from Subway....But i reduced the size of the cookies to my own preference to get more cookies and so that i can put the whole cookie in my mouth at once..:p
2 1/4 cups all- purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (165g) margarine
1 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
The original recipe requires molasses(A thick dark syrup, a viscous by-product of the processing of sugar cane, grapes or sugar beets into sugar) Sadly I couldn't find it anywhere at the supermarkets here.So i substitute the molasses with honey and brown sugar.
1/4 cup molasses
1/8 cup honey with 1/8 cup brown sugar
Additional 2 tablespoons of caster sugar for the outer part of the cookies
Steps in the making of a masterpiece...
- Sift and mix together the dry ingredients namely flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together margarine and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and then followed by orange juice and molasses( or honey with brown sugar)
Mixture of honey and brown sugar as a substitute to molasses.
- Bit by bit, stir in the flour mixture you've sifted earlier into the margarine mixture. Use the folding method to get a better result and make sure that the both mixtures are well-mixed.
- After the mixtures are well-mixed, store it in the fridge for about 1 hour to reduce the stickiness of the dough.This will ease you when you're shaping the dough into balls.
- Shape dough into about 1 inch ball or to whatever size you prefer
- Roll the balls in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of caster sugar.Add more sugar if it's not enough.You can also use icing sugar if you like.
- You should place the cookies about 2 inches apart from each other because it'll expand upon baking.I did a mistake as you can see in the pic below.Not enough space for the cookies to expand..To get beautiful result make sure you don't be too stingy by putting too many balls on the baking sheet.
- Important reminder is to flatten the cookie to the thickness you desire.Kalau rajin, sila la guna ice-cream scoop ke to make balls kalau nak bagi size cookies tu even..
- Bake in a preheated oven (175 degrees) for about 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to another rack to allow complete cooling.This is because the cookies are very soft in the middle and crunchy at the side..That's the best part about these cookies...oh thinking of it makes me drool..
You can dip them in melted chocolate or decorate white chocolate stripes on them to give an extra flavour to the cookies.Oh sedap dimakan begitu sahaja gak...Om nom nom nom!!!
Till the next post..
Tschüss und mach's gut!!!