I have been craving for a carrot cake the whole week.So I did a bit of research on my favourite cooking website, allrecipes.com , and found the best carrot cake recipe ever.The cake turned out great and the taste is simply divine.Oh talking about it now makes me drool...
So what are you waiting for? Go pluck some carrots and get started!!!
Carrot Cake with creamy cheese frosting...
The ingredients needed for the carrot cake:
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
(better if you use 3/4 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
2 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
The ingredients needed for the cheese frosting :
1/2 cup (125g) of softened butter
1 tub (250g) of softened cream cheese
3 1/2 cups of icing sugar..I think 3 1/2 cups is sweet enough but if you like it very sweet you can put 4 cups.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
(Optional) 1 cup of chopped walnut/pecan. It gives a nutty taste to the icing.Yummy!
Steps needed to make the masterpiece...
- Beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and vanilla essence until it is well mixed and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in grated carrots.
Make sure you only take the grated carrots and not the carrot juice.
- Fold in chopped walnuts/pecans
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.The recipe is for making a layered carrot cake.I just did one layer so i got two cakes instead.
- Bake in a preheated oven (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes, or you can check using a toothpick to see if the center of the cake is fully baked.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack for it to cool completely
- Mix butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and the vanilla.Beat everything until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chopped walnuts/pecans if you like.
- Frost the cooled cake.Time to decorate you cake according to your preference.
I seriously need to improve my skill on decorating a cake.
Nampak sangat homemade...:p
Wabbit is happy...Wabbit wanna eat more carrot cake..
Om nom nom nom!!!
Tschüss und mach's gut!!!