Need idea on what to bake for raya this year? Gotta keep reading!!!
Ingredients needed to bake the awesome cookies:
1 cup butter (250g)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water ( doesn't have to be boiled water)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips..In my case, I used 2 cups of chopped full milk choc bar(400 gram)
1 cup chopped walnuts
Steps needed to be taken :
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one by one, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add the baking soda mixture to the batter together with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips or chopped choc, and walnuts.
- Depending on the size of cookies you want, drop a large/small spoonfuls onto baking tray covered with baking paper.The recipe is for 24 large cookies, like those cookies you find from Subway.But I did small spoonfuls so i got more that 5 dozens of cookies.Saiz sesuai untuk kuih raya ye.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned.
- Make sure you estimate the gap between cookies because they will expand during baking.
- Let them cool down for a while after taking out of the oven.
- They'll be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside...sedappppp
Pack them into Tupperwares to be kept for raya ye..nanti x sempat raya dah habis...humma2
Oh man..looking at them again makes me craving for more.They are to die for...Yang I buat hari tu dah habis...howoe..Akan gigih buat lagi..and I'm so gonna make these cookies for Raya this year...Dah ada dua macam kuih raya tahun ni..nak try buat recipe kuih raya lain la plak..hee..
Till the next post...Tschüss und mach's gut!