And it tastes so mmmhhhhmmm good...
I've tried a variety of muffin recipes, but this one is really mind-boggling.It's totally different from the other muffin recipes I've tried.The surprise center makes all the difference.It gives you an awesome taste resulting from the contrast between cream cheese and chocolate chips...Simply delicious...
I think I should just give you all the recipe rather than just babbling about how good the muffin is..hee.So as usual, the recipe came from allrecipe.com, my most favourite website to find great recipes.Various spectacular recipes to be tried.You name it, you got it!
So back to the recipe...Are you guys ready?
This recipe will get you about 24 - 28 muffins...Enough for breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner and supper right? Humma2. Read the captions under the photos yeah..the amount needed is not as shown in the picture!
The ingredients needed for the muffins :
3 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar...I would suggest 2 1/4 cups of sugar. The muffins are not that sweet...So if you have a sweet tooth, add a lil bit of sugar...
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of vinegar..Weird huh? but i think the reaction between the vinegar and the mixture creates better texture of muffins...Bear the smell of the vinegar yeah...
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (vanilla essence). I got to know earlier that the vanilla essence sold here contains a small percentage of alcohol..but guess what? I found these extracts without alcohol...wohooo..teruja..ni buat i gigih nak bake ni..haish..
Ingredients for the surprise center :
One package of 225g (8 ounce) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
The actual recipe uses 1 cup of chocolate chips but because the price of choc chips here is too expensive, I used 200 g of chopped choc bar instead. Either choc chips or chopped choc bar..
Steps in the making of a masterpiece...
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.Using a whisk would be better.
- Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Now the muffin mix is ready.
- Beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Stir in chopped choc or choc chips.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Now, line the muffin tray with muffin wrappers.
- Pour muffin mixture into the prepared muffin tray, filling only 1/3 full.
- Drop a full teaspoon of the surprise center mixture on top of the 1/3 filled muffin cup.I ter-drop one tablespoon terus.Haha..sebab the filling is so nice..that's why..
- Fill the rest of the cup with the muffin mixture to 2/3 full.
- So now you have the surprise center in the middle...weeee
Okay as you can see, my surprise center seems visible even after filling 2/3 full.Tu la gedik letak one tablespoon kan..x kisah yang penting sedap menjilat jari..hee..
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Check if the muffins are ready or not by poking into the middle of the muffin with a stick.
Bila freshly out of the oven, kena buat muka camni dulu...howoe..ye saya dah chubby..baik cakap awal2 sebelum orang comment kan..hee
Presenting the surprise-centered muffins...It is better to allow the muffins to cool first before eating.Eating it hot will not be as nice as eating it cold..If you want the filling texture to be correct, you should put them in the fridge for few hours..tapi i pelahap je lepas dah sejuk skit..hoho..
Till the next post..Tschüss und mach's gut!!!