Saturday, May 12, 2012

Berlin Trip Highlights...

It's been a month since I came back from Berlin.I miss the great city of Berlin, the wonderful people I've met, the magnificent views that I've enjoyed just to name a few. I would definitely go to Berlin again one day.I was there for about 3 1/2 days and it wasn't enough to explore the whole city. Being a large city, Berlin has a lot to offer. I managed to cover the amazing highlights in Berlin that I have summed up in this post and would like to share with you guys. Enjoy!!!

I'm gonna post pictures according to the chronology of events that took place when I was in Berlin...





 



 


Potsdamer Platz
It was once the busiest and one of the liveliest squares in Europe.
The square today is beautifully designed with eye catchers like Sony Center and Debis Tower.There are a lot things you'll find interesting here.

 


Holocaust Memorial

Designed by U.S architect Peter Eisenman in 1988. It occupies about 205,000 feet of space.
The slabs create a wave-like pattern.It becomes like a maze with five-sided monolith, individually unique in shape and size.

 


Sony Centre

It was designed by the famous architect Helmut Jahn.The building has a spectacular design with a gigantic umbrella-roof and high-quality glasses.A great place for photo shooting.. :)



Teatime at Dunkin' Donuts



Art House Tacheles
An amazing art center in Berlin, with colourful graffiti murals painted on the exterior and interior walls of the building. The building was supposed to be demolished in 1980.Parts of it remained till 1990 before they decided to demolish the whole building.80 artists vowed to stay protecting their artworks and metal workshops and fight for the future of the building.















Paul Löbe Haus


Kadewe
Kadewe is Berlin's famous department store.It's more like Harrods in London. You'll find variety of branded stuff in this department store.However, unlike Harrods, Kadewe doesn't have its own product yet.I masuk tempat ni untuk cuci mata je..x mampu hoho..

All of a sudden, it snowed...of hailed? Entah la..


Dinner treat by the juniors at Nusantara
My juniors took me to an Indonesian Restaurant, Nusantara for a dinner treat.
Om nom nom nom sangat...
Lama x tengok makanan kat blog ni kan...Nah ambik kaw... :p


Flee Market Berlin
It has got to be the best flee market i've seen so far.Besar geela ok...A great variety of classic and modern things you can find here.
If only I wasn't on a tight budget...Howoe..



Schloss Bellevue






Feeling kanak-kanak ribena jap



Saying Goodbye to Neno, the juniors(Naqi and Zulaiha) and Berlin...

Thank you so much for everything, especially the hospitality and great welcome you guys have given me. I had a wonderful time in Berlin thanks to you guys...Would love to visit y'all again one day... :)

Till the next post..
Tschüss und mach's gut!

6 comments:

sully86 said...

nabs: nice....

tuanseliper said...

waaaa. seronoknye. untung dapat stdy jejauh ni. huhu:)

adlin said...

patutla macam kenal je ur junior tu..rupenye my junior zulaiha kat sekola dulu :)

sarah mohamad said...

Bestnyaaaaa dapat jenjalannn. I wish someday pun dapat jenjalan gini gakkk heheh :D

rayyan haries said...

Okay, have to go to Berlin now! all the walls..mannn... everythings looks awesome Nabil!

ieyka noor rahman said...

best gila. miss the old times. :')
tangkap gambar dekat berliner mauer, chalie checkpoint and branderburger tor. semua tempat tu pernah pergi.